6 Ways To Create Your Dream Patio On A Budget
- String lights – this may seem obvious, but until you see the space before and after adding string lights, you won’t know just how extreme (and cheap!) this little addition can be.
- Outdoor rug – although an outdoor rug may seem like a waste of money, I assure you it creates an inviting space that’s well defined and cozy. Look for fibers such as jute, or recycled plastic polyester – they tend to be most weather resistant and inexpensive.
- Candles – candles realistically warm up every room instantly, but put these to work by choosing citronella scents to ward off mosquitos and other pests.
- Floor seating – the cutest and most versatile of all furniture; these can be added or take away, be used for function or just décor. My current favorite is the Moroccan pouf!
- Add privacy – there’s a few ways to do this, you can either add a vertical herb garden, sea grass growing tall, or simply add curtains/retractable canopy for a little more privacy and a more intimate space even if it’s out in the open.
- Swing seating – seriously my favorite way to relax and curl up with a book or glass of wine is in a swinging seat. It also helps if it’s this cute!